Monday, June 14, 2010

Mommy, I'm Still In Here...

My mother told me of a book about a family dealing with childhood mental illness called "Mommy, I'm Still In Here." While I have yet to read the book (although I certainly plan to), the title has really struck a chord with me. It describes perfectly how I perceive Katelyn; she is being held captive by an unknown monster, but deep down the true Katelyn is waiting desperately to be set free.

This picture was taken by my mother recently and it has had a significant impact on our family. Like the title of the book, this photo truly depicts the "real" Katelyn that those of us who know and love her are fighting so hard to get back. I hope it touches your heart as well.

5 comments:

katieb said...

Sweet little Katelyn. My prayers are with her and your family.

Jacqueline Gauthier said...

The title and the gorgeous picture have tears streaming down my face. We continue to storm heaven for your little one.

Stephanie Christine Photography said...

What a beautiful pictures of K. I hope that you can bring back that smiling happy face soon! XO

Unknown said...

Seeing her improve is making me so grateful to God and everyone who knows and loves Katelyn. I am confident that things will only get better from here.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful picture of Katelyn. I hope things keep getting better.