Thursday, November 20, 2008

For the Love of Music...

Katelyn LOVES to sing. She sings all day long. She also claps in perfect rhythm to her favorite nursery rhymes (i.e. This Old Man, London Bridge, ABCs) and dances (i.e. bounces up and down, lol). She is in her crib right now for naptime, but instead of sleeping, she is singing and clapping to This Old Man as loud as she can and then laughing hysterically afterwards. As I sit here doing my work (I work from home), I am distracted by her and cannot help but smile and laugh along with her, almost to the point of tears. Her laughter is infectious and fills me with such warmth and peace.

We are doing all we can to encourage her love of music. My grandmother recently bought her a child's keyboard and microphone and we use this on a daily basis with her. She absolutely loves it. When she is older, if she is interested, we will get her involved in some sort of music lessons to further cultivate this strength of hers.

1 comment:

Cyn Bro said...

You guys are such great parents! Keep up the good work. (((hugs)))